Creating a Login
- E-mail Genome.Tilling to express your interest in TILLING.
- In the e-mail, please let us know whether you are affiliated with UCD, non-profit, or industry. This will affect the rates selected for billing.
Create a Billing Profile
- Create a billing profile at the Genome Center Core Services page.
- If the user name/e-mail in the billing profile is going to be different from the user name/e-mail in the ordering account, please let us know.
- After you have your login, please email us again at Genome.Tilling to place your order.
- Things required in the email:
- Gene name (please refer to our naming scheme).
- Primer sequences (please refer to our Primer Design and Testing Guide).
- Gene reference sequences (see sample fasta format below).
- The genomic sequence corresponding to your target gene, from ATG to stop codon.
- The ‘codons’ sequence, i.e. the cDNA from ATG to stop codon.
- The TILLING fragment sequence (region of interest from the forward primer to the reverse primer).
Submit Purchase Order
- Once you have placed your orders, you will receive cost estimate in a Service Estimate document.
- Submit a PO for the total amount in the Service Estimate and e-mail us at Genome.Tilling.
- Once that is done, your order will be processed as soon as the queue is filled.
Note: For UCD customers, submit a DAFIS number instead of a PO.
Please refer to our Pricing page for pricing information.
- We are currently billing in two separate phases for rice and tetraploid arabidopsis. For pilots, we will only bill if a mutation of interest has been found.
- The initial fee is non-refundable and includes primer ordering and testing.
- The final fee is billed only when the order has been completed.
- At this point, you can request seeds from as many mutant candidate from each order as you like.
- As our seed stocks are limited, please limit the seed requests to candidates of interest.
Optional – Alternative Primer Sets
- We strongly suggest the use of alternative sets of primers. Providing these can prevent delays that may occur if we experience difficulties with the original set of primers.
- Under the comments section, customers can put alternative set sequences and note that these are alternative primer sets.
Note: “Alternative Primers”- these primer sets should essentially cover the same TILL fragment region of a gene.
FASTA Format Example
>gene_name gattaca tgcacac